Among the EU countries, India’s agricultural machinery was the highest to Germany and the third highest to the UK in 2019.
According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), the Indian food processing industry has cumulatively attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) equity inflow of about US$ 9.98 billion between April 2000 and March 2020.
Some major investments and developments in agriculture are as follows:
- In March 2020, Fact, the oldest large-scale fertiliser manufacturer in the country, crossed one million production and sales mark.
- Nestle India will invest Rs 700 crore (US$ 100.16 million) in construction of its ninth factory in Gujarat.
- In November 2019, Haldiram entered into an agreement for Amazon's global selling program to E-tail its delicacies in the United States.
- In November 2019, Coca-Cola launched ‘Rani Float’ fruit juices to step out of its trademark fizzy drinks.
- Two diagnostic kits developed by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) - Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) and the Japanese Encephalitis lgM ELISA were launched in October 2019.
- Investment worth Rs 8,500 crore (US$ 1.19 billion) have been announced in India for ethanol production.